Finally I've felt that all the materials are in place to make something worthwhile with them, so here is the first one:
I felt that green and gold was the right colour scheme here, and am thoroughly enjoying the peel-offs I used. I popped the green gems on for a bit of bling, and there you have it.
This one isn't really finished, as I need to put a sentiment on but can't quite decide how to do it. I feel as if the picture is complete in itself, but it doesn't say who it's for or anything. I'll keep this to one side until inspiration strikes.
I used my new square scalloped punch and have put the same little green gems in the corners of each one. They catch the light beautifully.
And yes, I have had a little flit around the cupcake market. I do see the attraction, actually, but feel they're a little bit over done (if you'll pardon the pun).
This first one came together very easily. I felt as if I understood my colour and pattern constraints, and I've been dying to use the scalloped border punch I've just bought. I'm really pleased as it's all my own work, not an idea from a magazine or anything.
The pink paper is so perfectly smooth, it's very difficult to resist constantly stroking it! Who would have thought a plain piece of paper could be so attractive?!
This one, however, took about three days to complete, as I struggled to find a backing paper I liked, made my own by printing cupcakes at random and colouring it to match the topper, then decided when I put the topper on top of it, it didn't stand out enough, but I really wanted to use what I'd made, as I found it so striking. The answer was to make an easel card and use it on the bottom half, with some calmer yellow paper as the main backing.
Now that I've found how easy it is to make an easel card, I could make one every day of the week and not get bored!
This is my scrapbook page for August.
I had great fun making this, and decided to make full use of the beautiful My Mind's Eye papers and not show the actual scrapbook paper at all, although the red from my shirt was the inspiration for the scheme. Notice I have used rub-ons to print the word 'FUN'. They came off the backing sheet really easily, thus adding to my confusion with regard to rub-ons. Oh well, practise makes perfect.
Enjoy this rich, windy weather, everyone!