YOU CAN REACH MY CARD MAKING BLOG HERE
PitaPata Horse tickers

Sunday 21 November 2010

Oh dear...

I rode Barnaby yesterday, for about twenty minutes in the manege, just to see how he felt, and he was fine. I only did walk and trot, nothing manic. It felt wonderful to be on him again, and he was full of energy.
We've been to church (fantastic time) and come home. I've just got Barnaby in and been grooming him, and soon discovered two huge lumps on his belly and his sheath is massively swollen. I assume it's an infection and we'll have to get the vet out again. It's quite annoying though, when he's been on antibiotics all week. My poor boy. He certainly didn't have anything like that yesterday. The lumps don't hurt, but his sheath is sore. I can't stand it when things happen to our horses, honestly sometimes it's worse than with children. At least they can tell you which bit hurts. And it doesn't cost two hundred pounds to take them to the doctors!
Anyway, it's all go here. We started the Christmas shopping yesterday. Does anybody else miss Woolworths? Argos just seemed to have girls things in, but the items we wanted were both sold out. It was only by chance we had to go to the bank, walked past the Co-Op and realised they have a toy department. We managed to get everything in the end.
We've also been to my lovely, favourite craft shop and bought my Christmas present. Yes! I have in my own home, though not officially in my possession, a Sizzix Bigshot. It's a machine for die cutting and embossing and I'll do a 'show and tell' on Christmas Day. You may be thinking, 'Fancy going and buying your own Christmas present,' but let me explain:-
Years ago I sent Mr O to the shop to buy some nice drinks for lunch and some foil. He came back with crisps and a copy of the Times.
So the rival to Sizzix is called a Cuttlebug, and Mr O knows this. So he got Sizzix and Cuttlebug mixed up and asked me if I 'still wanted a Shuttlecock for Christmas?' which is why I felt the wisest thing was to go with him and make sure he got the right thing. I hardly want to be opening a shuttlecock on Christmas morning, do I?
And I must spend a brief moment saying how much I enjoyed C.J. Sansom's book 'Dissolution'. It's obviously set in Tudor times, and introduces the character of Matthew Shardlake, who is a lawyer. He is employed by Thomas Cromwell to go and investigate a murder in a monastery. It turned out to be extremely good. At first I thought, 'Gosh, this is hard to get into,' then when I looked I was already on chapter twelve! It can't be that bad then, can it?
As you know, Tiny Cottage is, well, tiny, so we are trying not to buy books, which take up a lot of room, so the library is a godsend, as you can imagine. I was just wondering if I would get another book in between now and Christmas, when in the market yesterday I spotted 'Dark Fire' which is the next book in the series. I am thrilled. I love it when things like that happen. I quickly handed over the money and pocketed the book (in a very 'Artful Dodger' sort of way). I might pass it on to Daughter 1 when I've finished it, she likes that sort of thing, too.
Just a quick card to show you.

This is made using the Kaisercraft 'Be Merry' papers again, which I am so in love with, but when you undo the ribbon, and open the card, it looks like this on the inside (sorry the picture quality isn't very good, and I can't take another photo as the card has already gone to its recipient:)
I really enjoyed making this, it's like a card within a card, and something a little more special. I learned from experience that it takes quite a bit of paper to do it correctly, but got there in the end and am really pleased with it.
As you can see, it ties with a bow. When Mr O gave it to the recipient he said, "That's what I don't like about it, the bow tying." Fortunately the recipient said, "I am a woman, I can do bows!" I was a bit cross with him, though, I hardly need him to say something negative about my cards as he's handing them over, do I? No wonder he isn't in sales, bless him!
Well, we are off to Worksop now, to spend some time with Daughter 2 and the Flower Fairy, who I haven't seen for ages. We are looking forward to the tale of how she got her toy bucket stuck on her head, trapped by the handle, and had to have it cut off! (The bucket, that is, not her head!!) Never a dull moment with children, is there?
Stay cosy and warm everyone,
Mrs O.

5 comments:

  1. Quite a rambling tale here.

    Barnaby may have some edema from his accident instead of an infection. Hope he's OK.

    Sometimes the very best Christmas present is the one you get yourself. I still have the wheelbarrow my Dad "got" me one year...and I picked it up at the store.

    Your cards are all so creative. I can see why people like to send and receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs O, sorry to hear poor Barnaby is still suffering from his misadventure, I do hope its nothing to expensive as all pets cost so much to sort out these days, its just as bad for us and the dentist.
    That sounds right with hubbys they never quite get the hang of things and a shuttlecock wouldnt be much good anyway.
    Love your card its really pretty. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that somethings amiss with Barnaby. I hate health issues with horses. Trying to figure them out sucks. Wondering if what you're doing sucks more. Frustrating for sure.

    As for Woolworth's. I miss them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs O I use both the 6x6 and 7x7 and I adjust the size of the papers when I print them in my graphics program so I get the right size for my cards, I also buy 8"x 8" paper pads to use for my cards, hope this helps. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the Shardlakes are brilliant, I gave my first copy of Dissolution to my sister in law, then regreted it and promptly went out and bought another copy to read again. All my boys, husband included, have read it now and I had to fight them off when the latest came into the house.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from visitors, so please let me know you dropped by, and I will visit you as soon as I can.