YOU CAN REACH MY CARD MAKING BLOG HERE
PitaPata Horse tickers

Monday 27 December 2010

Christmas Past

Hello all, I hope you've had a wonderful few days, as things are gradually getting back to normal here.
I've probably had the best Christmas in some years, if I'm being honest. Mr O went to pick up Son 2 and indeed, the mulled wine was on the stove to greet them, the festive aroma floating around the kitchen, mingling with the sound of wassailing, as they walked in the door. A cup each, and I knew Christmas had begun.
I had fabulous presents, including my long awaited Sizzix Bigshot, a Horseware Ireland rugby shirt. It's in red, black and gold. When this design first came out I didn't like it at all, but it's really grown on me, so I can't wait to wear it. I may show you a picture when I've got a bit more organised.
I decided to join in the Secret Santa on the Your Horse forum this year, and guessed from the packaging that I'd received a book from mine, which I assumed would be a horse book, but when I opened it, it turned out to be a craft book. I am so surprised and thrilled. I know who it's from and I didn't even know she knew about my cardmaking. Thankyou Jo, I'm going to be dipping into it a lot.
Missis got me a DVD called 'Dressage For Jumping' which I am saving for when I've got a few peaceful moments. She's got me a dressage book, too. Daughter 1 got me The Time Traveler's Wife, which I'm really pleased with, as you can imagine.
We had a quiet Boxing Day, but today we've been up to Worksop to drop Son 2 off and see all the children and grandchildren. This is really the highlight of my Christmas. I love seeing everyone all together and just sitting back and observing my grandchildren playing and interacting with one another. I don't think the mums realise how amusing and witty their children are. And the baby, who just poodles up and down, in a world of his own (usually with a biscuit in each hand.) I don't think I've got many good photos, as no one sat still for long enough. They all liked their presents, anyway.
So we're spending some time re-arranging the sitting room a little so I can keep my craft things out all the time. How lovely for me that Mr O is willing to do this. I have had a little play with my Sizzix every day. It feels very strange not to have to make Christmas cards anymore, and realising I can use what I like, no matter what the colour or pattern. I suppose the first thing is 'Thankyou' cards, isn't it?
Now for some time to reflect on the past year and the year to come. I haven't quite decided about New Year's resolutions yet - I'm actually still working on one from last year! It snowed all morning, and apparently more is due tomorrow, yet the temperature is going up, so maybe it will come and melt straight away. Hope springs eternal...

3 comments:

  1. No Sizzix in this house - but I got a fab set of Martha Stewart snowflake punches. Planning to make NEXT years Christmas cards NOW [how sad is that!]
    btw I love the 'Eddi' poem
    blessings in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect Christmas!

    Snow here in USA...East Coast storm and we are under nearly 2 feet of snow. A thaw would be so lovely! Hope you get one there so you can enjoy your horses a bit to make things even more perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good Christmas, unfortunately been working! However, my good lady got me a really nice bottle of Single Malt!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from visitors, so please let me know you dropped by, and I will visit you as soon as I can.