1. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Definitely Christmas morning, straight after breakfast. I would feel so strange waking up on Christmas Day having already done it the night before. Also got to open Barnaby's present with him before he goes out.
2. Favourite childrens' Christmas song?
Away In a Manger, preferably sung by children. We had our church nativity on Sunday.
I am not related to any of the children in any way, and don't even know all of their names, but for some reason I sobbed all the way through it. I've never understood that...
3. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The pressure to spend money... and the way shops stock things that nobody really wants or needs (like a pasta bowl with servers, something you wouldn't be seen dead with at any other time of year) and the way you feel obliged to buy it, just because it's there.
4. Favourite ornament theme or colour?
Classic red, green and gold, you can't beat it. Maybe a dash of tartan.
5. Turkey or ham on Christmas Day?
Good grief, turkey of course! Do people have ham? What on earth for?
6. What do you want for Christmas this year?
As I gather Johnny Depp is spoken for, I'll settle for a Sizzix Bigshot.
7. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa?
No. Unfortunately we never have. I wonder if we've missed something there?
8. Age you discovered Santa wasn't real?
No idea. It obviously didn't impact me that much. Ditto tooth fairy.
9. Eggnog, hot chocolate or apple cider?
Actually, I am partial to mulled wine, as hot as you like. And roasted chestnuts.
10. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof?
No, I'm prepared to lay down and let a bus run over me before I give in to that.
11. How does Santa get into your house, chimney or magic key?
Chimney, every time. The children never doubted it.
12. Do you prefer gifts or tokens?
Gifts really, but there's always room in my life for another book token. Always.
Not long now...
Nothing bad ever happens to me*
1 day ago