YOU CAN REACH MY CARD MAKING BLOG HERE
PitaPata Horse tickers

Friday 17 December 2010

My Perfect Christmas, Part Two

1. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Definitely Christmas morning, straight after breakfast. I would feel so strange waking up on Christmas Day having already done it the night before. Also got to open Barnaby's present with him before he goes out.

2. Favourite childrens' Christmas song?
Away In a Manger, preferably sung by children. We had our church nativity on Sunday.
I am not related to any of the children in any way, and don't even know all of their names, but for some reason I sobbed all the way through it. I've never understood that...

3. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The pressure to spend money... and the way shops stock things that nobody really wants or needs (like a pasta bowl with servers, something you wouldn't be seen dead with at any other time of year) and the way you feel obliged to buy it, just because it's there.

4. Favourite ornament theme or colour?
Classic red, green and gold, you can't beat it. Maybe a dash of tartan.

5. Turkey or ham on Christmas Day?
Good grief, turkey of course! Do people have ham? What on earth for?

6. What do you want for Christmas this year?
As I gather Johnny Depp is spoken for, I'll settle for a Sizzix Bigshot.

7. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa?
No. Unfortunately we never have. I wonder if we've missed something there?

8. Age you discovered Santa wasn't real?
No idea. It obviously didn't impact me that much. Ditto tooth fairy.

9. Eggnog, hot chocolate or apple cider?
Actually, I am partial to mulled wine, as hot as you like. And roasted chestnuts.

10. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof?
No, I'm prepared to lay down and let a bus run over me before I give in to that.

11. How does Santa get into your house, chimney or magic key?
Chimney, every time. The children never doubted it.

12. Do you prefer gifts or tokens?
Gifts really, but there's always room in my life for another book token. Always.

Not long now...
Mrs O.

8 comments:

  1. I used your list yesterday and will take this one too if you don't mind. I certainly agree about opening presents on Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, help yourself, I will certainly be popping across to read your version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Silent Night" at a candlelight service tends to get to me. And I just finished a cup of eggnog...

    Christmas it the one time of year when I really appreciate traditions.

    Hope your Christmas is a perfect as you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waking up, finding my shorts straight away! Gettin` to the bathroom first!
    Being the first to have fresh coffee, I`m usually last!
    Gettin` to read the newspaper first!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your answers to the questions are very simalur to what I would have said, except............. I already have a sizzix bigshot! Its brilliant! I hope you get one from Santa! Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your questions and answers - have done my own too and linked you.
    Hope your Christmas preparations are going well and the snow isn't affecting you too much. I'm feeling more festive today as we have put up our decorations. Have fun! M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi- have just read your welly post, and must say that I've had Aigle for years- DEF better than Hunters- and that I get the neoprene lined ones so my feet are never EVER cold (only part of me that isn't, and you can't wear them to bed!) When my riding boots sprung a leak I put my foot in a carrier bag first and then into the boot- always good in an emergency!

    Yes, Bruce is clipped and hogged- extra work I know with the rugging but SO much quicker for grooming!

    Have a good week and really lovely Christmas.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane, hope youve not got the same amount of snow you had before, we seem to have the first bad snow shower this year lets hope it doesnt get any worse, but it seems we may as they keep promising more on its way.
    I do hope you and your family have a wonderful Xmas, and your pets all enjoy it to. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from visitors, so please let me know you dropped by, and I will visit you as soon as I can.