YOU CAN REACH MY CARD MAKING BLOG HERE
PitaPata Horse tickers

Thursday 23 December 2010

Full Circle

I'm not sure where the past few days have gone. They've whizzed by in a whirl of mucking out and present wrapping. Where do you do yours? I can't do it at a table, so I tend to sit on the floor and spread the wrapping paper out in front of me. After a while, my back is in agony, so I've been wrapping one at a time, then going to my desk to make a tag for it, then back to the floor to wrap the next one, which has been a lot better for me, but probably more time consuming. I've loved making my own tags, though, it's been a really good way to use up odds and ends. I'll definitely do that again next year.
I also finished Mr O's card and gave it to him. He really liked it, which is a relief. I feel as if I've come full circle as it was my desire to make a card for him last year that got me into this card making adventure. I also wanted to make one for my youngest grandson last year as it was his first Christmas and I wanted to make something special that his mum would want to keep. Looking back on it, I didn't have a clue what I was doing really, I just had this incredible desire to make something and knew it must be possible somehow. Though I say it myself, I've learned an awful lot since then.
Today was the last time I will muck Zak out in 2010 as Mr O is off now until January 4th. Such bliss, only having one horse to muck out. We have had a little more snow in the last day or two, but nothing too heavy. We are all willing it to disappear. Zak's water bucket has been frozen solid in the mornings. I've been boiling the kettle and pouring that on to melt it a bit, as I'm worried about him dehydrating.
And now my dear youngest son is with us until the 27th. When he walked through the door, the candles were lit, the carols were on, and the mulled wine was on the stove. Now Christmas can begin in earnest. It is so lovely to have Son 2 here. He has brought his guitar, so that should be fun, shouldn't it?! There seem to be a surprisingly large amount of presents in the pile, too. Tessa has two. I wonder what Santa has brought her?
Things may be a bit hectic for the next day or two, so I'd just like to take this opportunity to say thankyou for reading my blog and sending me all your wonderful comments throughout this year. They are all much appreciated. My wish is that you have a wonderful Christmas, surrounded by the people you love, and that you get lots and lots of pressies!
Happy Christmas everyone!
Mrs O.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas, its been such a wonderful pleasure getting to know you and your life with your pets and of course your card crafting. Take care with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and your family, horses included. Reading your Blog has made me want to make my own cards and I will give it a go in the next year. Thank you for the incentive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a lovely Christmas. I've really enjoyed your blog over the last year and look forward to reading more in 2011. Have a great time. M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Merry Christmas to you and all of you loved ones--beasties included.

    So happy to hear that your cards are loved and appreciated with the as much love as you put into them.

    I wrap on the floor too, and my back hurts along with my knees. But it's the best place to do the job. Makes the presents even more dear, I think. *lol*

    Out to give the Boys some carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from visitors, so please let me know you dropped by, and I will visit you as soon as I can.