YOU CAN REACH MY CARD MAKING BLOG HERE
PitaPata Horse tickers

Wednesday 15 December 2010

My Perfect Christmas, Part One

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper, despite all the hard work. I like those tall gift bags for wine, though.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Always real. It conjures up memories of my childhood, as my grandparents always had one. I still think a sparse real tree is better than a full artificial one. Holly and mistletoe also essential.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Around the fifteenth of December, but as you know, no room in the inn!

4. When do you take the tree down?
When we go back to work in the New Year. Then I have a big spring cleaning session!

5. Do you like eggnog?
I don't think I've ever had it, so I'm going to investigate!

6. Favourite gift received as a child?
My dolls house. It was a work of art. My mum still had it when I left home.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Mr O. Yes, siree!

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Both daughters. I try hard, but also know they will appreciate whatever I get them, and I like to think, because I know them so well, that I usually get it right.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Not now, but the children made one when they were young, and it had to come out every year. I loved it.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Definitely by post, and having something to hang up round the house. Wishing everyone a merry Christmas on facebook just isn't the same, but I guess it's better than nothing.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
If I'm going to answer this honestly, I can't tell you!

12. Favourite Christmas movie?
Actually I have a real thing about not being able to stand Christmas films. I detest The Wizard of Oz! But what I truly, truly love, is The Snowman. I could cry every time.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Early December. Every year I say I will do it through the year, but I'm just not that organised.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No, but it is the sort of thing I would do! (Blushes!)

15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas?
Nuts. In recent years I have developed a nut allergy, and this has eroded a very enjoyable part of Christmas for me. I also love Christmas pudding and mince pies. I have only had one so far this year.

16. Lights on the tree, coloured or clear?
I don't mind either.

17. Favourite Christmas song?
Song is not carol, is it? So I get to choose two, right? 'December Will Be Magic Again' by Kate Bush and 'Silent Night'. But Annie Lennox has released a stunning album called Christmas Cornucopia, and she sings In The Bleak Midwinter, which sends shivers down my spine.

18. Travel at Christmas, or stay home?
Stay home, with my husband, my doggy and my horse. (We call it 'being snowed in...again.')

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Sadly yes. That's why I'm good at Trivial Pursuit and pub quizzes.

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of the tree?
Angel. Although why she wants that shoved up her skirt is beyond me, frankly.

Part Two tomorrow, and I'd love to read your version, if you want to link it to mine.
Mulled wine anyone?
Mrs O.

2 comments:

  1. Fun post. Recalls many of my Christmas memories. Tradition is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post, I will do it on my Blog too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from visitors, so please let me know you dropped by, and I will visit you as soon as I can.